Skip to main content

Kilos and Brain Fog

 Here is the perfect example of post migraine brain fog. I have to call every year to get an online access code. The polite gentleman on the phone said he would spell it out phonetically, "Juliet."

Okay that's a J.

"The number 4." That's easy.

"Kilo."

My mind went blank. Then I had stream of conscious thoughts. How do you spell kilo? It's not a q that would be quinoa. 

"Delta." Oh it was a K and now a D. Who uses Kilo for k? Why not Kanagroo or Kindness? Maybe he is from somewhere else where they use kilograms instead of pounds?

"Sierra." This guy must have been in the military. I should thank him for his service.

"Papa." Papa? Like in Papa Emeritus IV from Ghost? (Bonus points for anyone who knows that reference.)

 "November." Maybe not the military....

"Mike." How long is this code? Should this be typed in all capital letters? 

He finished relaying the excessively long access code and even stayed on the phone until I was granted access. I thanked him for his help and wished him a great remainder of his day. 

Once I was done on the website, I was still focused on the word Kilo and did an internet search. It is the military alphabet for the letter K! Thank you teaching me something new and thank you all veterans, active duty men and women and first responders for all that you do. But K as Kilo is still strange to me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please Join Us: Follow or Subscribe, it’s FREE. Thank You